Principal Software Engineer, Carbon Apps
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Carbon Apps team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigo’s carbon sequestration effort. Indigo Carbon is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in front end application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
As a Principal Front End Software engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and UX designers based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web and mobile apps.
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks. We primarily use Typescript, GraphQL, and React, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You might have experience with Data Visualization and UX patterns.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.