Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers a more natural food supply.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization. We believe that understanding our customer’s problems are critical to helping us prioritize features which leads to a strong roadmap.
In this role as a Product Manager you will tackle complex technical challenges that involve foundational questions about how data flows throughout all of the systems that make up our technology stack. You will develop software for internal users with an eye towards improving internal processes that create better experiences for customers. You will become an expert in Indigo’s transaction management process flows, including the accounting processes that Indigo uses to record revenue and pay suppliers.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo and the external community.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We aren’t dogmatic, but we believe in the tenets of agile development. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop deep understanding of existing and planned platform solution and capabilities
- Analyze 3rd-party vendor landscape and propose partnership / integration strategy
- Analyze competitive landscape and present to Technology leadership
- Build complex APIs that integrate with back office systems
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short and long-term vision for your product
- Define and create detailed product roadmap
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution, inculcating and championing those best practices at Indigo
- Institute and execute stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product related teams to ensure alignment across Product Development processes
- Work directly with internal technical teams as customers.
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Ability to bring teams along an agile journey
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide context about the “why” and visibility into product or product line decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early and often
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of technical projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Able to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Ability to balance technical requirements across external customers and internal users
- Experience with data science and machine-learning.
- Experience with data optimization and research.
- Knowledge of marketing technology space, including market trends and emerging technologies
- Hands-on engineering experience
- Experience with analytics, A/B testing, and/or recommendation systems
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- 2+ years Technical Product Management Experience
- 6+ years of overall technology experience
- Experience delivering internal-facing software solutions
- Previous ownership of scrum team prioritization
- Payment platform and/or accounting experience preferred
- Engineering background a plus
- International experience is a nice to have