IT Support Intern
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the IT Support Intern will be to enable a highly productive, efficient, IT environment by supporting the Memphis IT Support Team. The IT Support Intern will help with ongoing IT operations and building up and optimizing the infrastructure that will scale with Indigo’s ambitious goals.
- Support all Indigo employees located in the Memphis office including visitors in and out of the organization.
- Configure and ship user devices including laptops running Windows, iPhones, and iPads.
- Maintain availability to receive calls and chats to support field staff and work on all tickets in ticketing system when available.
- Configure, deploy and manage local information technology assets (PC’s Laptops, Printers etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems with corporate IT infrastructure (network, laptops, printers, etc..)
- Work with the other IT team members on establishing and maintaining policies and processes.
- Installs and maintains desktop management applications such as a ticketing system, asset management and remote control
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades corporate anti-virus applications
- Provides and maintains regular reports related to deployments, asset inventory and software compliance.
- Experience providing advanced troubleshooting for complex problems and ability to provide technical guidance to team members.
- Excellent communications, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to exercise exemplary judgment and think critically with strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding thoroughness, attention to detail, and accuracy in work product
- Ability to work independently while at the same time work effectively in a collaborative structure and with personnel throughout every level of the company
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining superior time management, prioritization, organizational and multi-tasking skills, with a proactive and anticipatory attitude
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server and Active Directory
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to gather all relevant information, identify problems, and implement solutions quickly
- Experience with Windows 7,8,10 and MAC OS X operating systems.
- Experience supporting End User’s BYOD (e.g. Cellular devices)
- Familiarity with MDM solutions, preferably Meraki