What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Associate Manager will drive initiatives to maximize internal and external business impact of Indigo’s GeoInnovation function. This includes building and managing a pipeline of new business opportunities as well as supervising business development processes. The role will present many tough but exciting challenges and the ideal Associate Manager will be called upon to demonstrate perseverance and hunger to learn while doing.
- Partner with GeoInnovation team members to produce crop production or special event reports on regular cadence.
- Deliver Atlas demos and conduct trainings for internal and external stakeholders; determine ways to scale demos and training and produce associated content
- Create visually compelling printed collateral conveying geo-insights in an easily understandable manner to internal and external stakeholders
- Creative, data-driven storytelling. Strong writer.
- Customer-oriented: starts with the customer needs and works backward from there
- Outstanding communication skills
- Translate technical ideas into easily understood concepts
- Respond promptly and clearly via email
- Deliver presentations, with and without PowerPoint
- Seeks first to understand, then to be understood
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization with a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across cross functional teams, including ability to advance concepts from early-stages to concrete proposals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies and creating a more beneficial agricultural system
- Eager to identify and cement new business relationships
- Highly organized
- Schedule calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Use collaboration tools effectively (email, text, slack, Confluence) to coordinate work across teams
- Demonstrate empathy with all stakeholders (E.g., growers, to Innovation Team Leadership, to internal collaborators, companies, and KOLs)
- Willingness to travel, including internationally, as required
- Completes necessary tasks, even menial ones, with joy
- Mastery in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word as well as facility with Adobe (or similar) and video creation tools
- Undergraduate degree with 3.5+ GPA
- 3-5 years work experience
- Technical or consulting background preferred
- Ag and food background and/or experience with GIS / Geospatial technology preferred