Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – Supply Chain Quality
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt will be responsible for leading LSS problem solving projects within the Supply Chain Organization. These projects include both lean and six sigma problem solving. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities, facilitating problem solving with teams, training teams on LSS improvement methods, and analysis/reporting of key data (Minitab Software).
- Complete detailed data analysis and reporting on business process performance.
- Develop and monitor key process measurements needed for problem solving
- Develop and implement needed SOP’s and supporting documents
- Deliver Lean and Six Sigma training materials to other associates
- Create needed forms, templates, SOP, etc. needed for a total effective process improvement
- Be self -directed and motivated towards Lean & Six Sigma as an improvement strategy.
- Understands & embodies IndigoAg mission & core Values.
- (List Below)
- Ability to determine actual root cause(s) and develop effective temporary and permanent correct actions when grief issues are discovered.
- Able to build positive collaborator relationships
- Able to work across diverse functions
- Aligned with Indigo’s mission
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Foundation of business management and acumen
- Project Management skill set
- Supply Chain fundamentals
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Trained and certified as a LSS Blackbelt
- Trained in Lean principles and has a demonstrated track record of success
- 5+ years in a Lean Six Sigma role - with at least 3 years in a LSS problem solving role
- Ability to be based in Memphis
- Black belt certification (Lean Six Sigma)
- B.S. required (technical degree preferred)
- Demonstrated Lean Six Sigma successes in both production processes and business processes
- Experience using an ERP (Oracle a plus)
- Experience with team facilitation
- Delivery of Lean Six Sigma Training materials
- Manufacturing process experience (or similar) preferred
- Up to 50% travel including both domestic and international travel