What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
There is not yet a carbon market in the world that is transacting the volume of carbon the world needs. There are carbon markets, and they are doing good work, but they have not hit the scale we all need them to. We aspire to meet that need. The hurdles we face are numerous, they are dynamic, and they aren’t easy. The Senior Manager of Carbon Strategy will own large, ambiguous projects. These projects will be both qualitative and quantitative. It will sometimes feel like whack-a-mole, where after each victory, we simply reveal the next hill to climb. But they’ll be fascinating and inspiring, and always with a vision of the massive world impact we aspire to. We’re looking for an emerging leader excited by tackling tough, inspiring problems. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop 1-2 associates or junior managers capable of tackling ambiguous qualitative and quantitative problems
- Own and execute against critical projects that are both qualitative and quantitative
- Work cross-functionally to operationalize and implement results of these projects
- Work cross-functionally to lead new and/or manage existing partnerships including driving business discussions and contract terms
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong story-building and PowerPoint skills
- Able to draft meeting ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Takes ownership in work
- Able to work cross-functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Five plus years of work experience
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development experience
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Agriculture experience not necessary
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.