Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Supply Chain Specialist will serve as a bridge between Indigo Ag and the seed partner. It is their responsibility to manage grower seed order process in timely and accurate manner to ensure there is a smooth delivery of grower order. Will have ownership to ensure accurate and timely orders are communicated with seed partner, allowing OM to generate precise grower statements. This person must have a customer service focus as they will be interacting with our seed partners.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in Oracle to enter and process a grower seed order.
- Communicate to each seed partner proper documentation to ensure accurate order fulfillment.
- Partner with Sales Operations Coordinator to ensure the transition of booked/reserved orders to Oracle is seamless.
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained to support overall bookings reporting and revenue recognition.
- Continually communicate with seed partners throughout the season for complete visibility of order status.
- Create and update business processes that will allow maximum automation considering evolving business models.
- Purchase Order Management
- Ability to create Blanket PO entry
- Create PO per order as needed based on Seed partner requirements
- Manage purchased inventory
- Work with cost accounting and finance for reconciliations and seed partner payments
- Order Accuracy and Improvement
- Ability to build out SOP as needed
- Reporting KPIs to be developed and reviewed for improvement
- Work with Oracle/IT for system issue as we continue to build out systems
- Order/Inventory reconciliation
- Track orders submitted and correctly filled
- Managing inventory through PO
- Final season reconciliation
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Customer service oriented
- Process oriented
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats
- 3+ years Supply Chain experience preferred
- Agriculture Experience preferred
- Oracle experience preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.