Product Design and Visualization Analyst Co-op
Please Submit applications by 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Join a fast-paced data team that thrives on solving tough data challenges that take the business forward. Use your existing UX Design expertise to bring clarity and usability to data, analysis, and modeling prototypes. Simplify data-driven messaging to Indigo’s primary customers, our growers. Learn about data, manipulation, analysis philosophy, and practical industry data science from the team.
- Use robust UX design, understanding of colors, and chart layout to clarify messaging in data presentations.
- Facilitate 2-3 feedback meetings per week with our Agronomists to ensure that our designs and analysis are usable and on the right track.
- Work with the data team, end-users, and developers to mockup multiple graphic presentations that are feasible to implement.
- Learn to use dashboarding interfaces such as Google Data Studio and Looker to summarize complex data, models, patterns, and deal with missingness.
- Review existing dashboards and simplify messaging to our users.
- Learn to perform data manipulations and summarizations on messy datasets.
- Graphically represent the journey of data to the end-product.
- Use simple SQL statements to extract data from our core databases.
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Be familiar with UX design for dashboards, mobiles, and desktop products.
- Background in visual design and improving the usability of data-products is a bonus.
- Understand fundamental data analysis and dashboarding principles.
- Able to distill complex datasets into clean and balanced graphic presentations.
- Consistently able to work within short deadlines.
- Able to process ambiguous requirements into actionable graphics and data presentations.
- Have a desire to learn more about data science and the data process in the industry.