Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Compliance & Risk Manager will lead risk management processes related to Transport’s counter parties, namely shippers and carriers. The primary activities of this role include shipper contract processing and carrier compliance and monitoring. The Compliance and Risk Manager will serve as Transport’s primary point of contact for risk management policy setting and monitoring.
- Establish a framework for a performance management program.
- Create a network in the Ag Transportation space today to bring perspectives to the space in which Transport is competing.
- Become a subject matter expert within Indigo in Ag Transportation practices and bring thought leadership to risk practices and policies in partnership with Legal and Risk teams.
- Stand-up a robust Carrier/Driver performance management program including:
- Implement key performance indicators, measures, and processes
- Create and implement a risk management monitoring process for Transport that includes safety, insurance, etc. in partnership with Legal and Risk teams.
- Collaborate with Risk Management and Legal to craft risk policies that are acceptable for all groups.
- Develop visible reports depicting Indigo’s portfolio of enrolled and active carriers; their performance and action plans to remedy.
- Provide analysis of shipper requirements against all carriers within 150-mile radius of shipper locations.
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Strong business acumen mindset
- Quick learner
- Excels in a fast-faced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to up hold and maintain policies and procedures among all groups
- Comfortable with driving change within organization
- Strong risk-management mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well with people at all organizational levels and with diverse personalities
- 10 + years of overall experience in Supplier Management, Legal, Risk Management, and/or Compliance
- 5+ years of experience in Transportation Risk Management
- Some experience with a growing company or start up a plus
- Experience designing and implementing new processes from the ground up
- Proven Data Analytic experience preferred
- Previous Compliance Risk or Supplier Development experience a plus
- Legal degree or paralegal certification a plus
- Memphis or Boston based
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.