Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield and reduce the use of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield and crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies and stresses. The challenge and opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly and effectively ($5+B 2019 revenue.)
Indigo Account Managers are the primary sales and service touchpoint for our grower customers. They represent Indigo through a new channel to the market and are well versed in all Indigo value propositions. Account Managers execute with the clear objective of supporting the grower in business decisions to help improve profitability on their farm. Customer experience is core to the success of these team members in a quest to develop “enterprise” grower customers.
The role of the Account Manager will be to build and maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigo’s grower partners. This role extends far beyond a traditional sales position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, understanding of ag business, and exceptional emotional intelligence. The Account Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s commercial offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s solutions, close the sale with new growers and achieve same store sales growth with their book of business each year. Once the relationship has been established, Account Managers will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of farm operations, exceptional customer service, selling the complete Indigo portfolio of offerings, and building a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Account Manager will work closely with experienced Indigo Subject Matter Experts to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability.
- Graduates training certified in being able to communicate Indigo’s mission, technology, services and solutions including Marketplace, Treated Seed effectively. Demonstrates skill in addressing questions/resistance and closing skills.
- Systematically finds and nurtures grower leads whether assigned to them or developed on his/her own through an account-based selling approach. Develops business relationships with these growers, defined as their selling grain through Marketplace.
- Partners with grower customers resulting in their adopting Indigo solutions
- Expands relationships with growers through a consultative sales approach that gets them to adopt Indigo solutions across the crop lifecycle.
- Serves as primary relationship manager for grower-customers and leads grower-facing team of inside sales, sales coordinator, grower customer service rep and Indigo Solution Subject Matter Experts.
- Maintains grower accounts, sales stages, important notes, and sales process information in salesforce.com CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them.
- Internalizes, exhibits, and communicates a passion for the Indigo mission, core values, and promises. Articulates this passion in a confident, professional, and endearing fashion.
Attributes and Competencies:
- Shows an ability to breakdown complex new products to effectively influence
- Has an understanding of the customer’s needs that cultivates trust and lasting relationships
- Shows optimism and an ability to recover from setbacks and keep going despite adversity
- Exhibits an ability to adopt change willingly and adjust to changing expectations
- Shows a desire to improve abilities and a need to master difficult tasks for growth
- An accountability for your actions that shows initiative and brings about positive results
- Clear communication skills
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- Ability to utilize new technologies and tools to provide data-driven information to growers
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated “grit” through their life, academic, and professional experiences
- Strong knowledge of farming background preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.