Director, Atlas Editorial and COmmunications
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Indigo Atlas is a living map of the world’s food system. The technology platform combines weather, ground, field equipment, and remote sensing data to generate actionable insights on the national, regional, and even field level. This includes real-time health measurements for every major row crop, in season yield estimates, and end of season production forecasts. Growers, traders, investors, grain marketers, government agencies, and other industry players leverage Atlas to optimize their businesses and services every day. As Atlas continues to change how agriculture is planned for and practiced, the industry will accelerate towards a more beneficial system that supports grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health.
As Director, Atlas Editorial and Communications, your mandate is broad: tell the emerging story of beneficial agriculture by leveraging the power of Indigo Atlas and Indigo’s Geoinnovation team. This includes identifying media moments where Atlas can generate value, delivering creative assets that draw readership, and deriving new value for the business as a whole. You will create and distribute content amongst the organization, on a variety of digital channels, while also securing press coverage for this work. Overseeing projects from inception to completion, you will wear many different hats, serving as a thought leader, content strategist, project manager, and – most importantly – writer and architect for these stories. You will position Atlas as the platform derived from modern science (e.g. remote sensing, machine learning, and data aggregation) for a modern food system (one that values transparency, traceability, and sustainability).
Develop an architecture and system representation for Indigo Atlas that demonstrates the multiple constituents and value propositions as well as overall alignment with the Indigo brand portfolio
- Get up to speed on the value that GeoInnovation / Atlas brings to growers
- Maximize the value of Atlas to Indigo’s stakeholders by clearly positioning its value through compelling content and ongoing communications
Develop a plan to drive global content to engage multiple constituents: growers/agronomists, GMA / market development partners and broader media/public on the data that is available from satellite and other
- Partner with GeoInnovation business leads to develop clear content and value-building strategy for the Atlas platform
- Develop a content strategy and editorial calendar by customer segment
- Generate new story ideas for Atlas Insights based on recent, relevant developments in weather, technology, current events, climate news, culture, etc.
Create multiple deliverables of media-ready content that illustrates Atlas’s unique insights into the agricultural system
- Develop a list of target media outlets, strategy to cultivate them, and succeed in obtaining media coverage
Develop a sales collateral strategy and calendar based upon geo-insights that illustrate how Indigo products are enabling a beneficial agriculture system
- Create sales collateral based upon geo-insights that illustrate how Indigo products are enabling a beneficial agriculture system
Become the knowledge center and recommendation engine on the marketing team for how Atlas content / insights can support and drive value across numerous customer touchpoints / offers
- Takeover as marketing lead for seamlessly executing cross-functional monthly reporting, maximizing the impact of the report through partnering across marketing functional expertise
- Manager doer, must be able to set the strategy & execute on calendar
- Understanding of agricultural system domestically and internationally
- Strong analytic and writing capabilities
- Versed in multimedia editorial formats - from long-form and short-form written pieces to data infographics and video
- Be responsible for metrics that demonstrate content dissemination/pick up, as well as audience engagement
- Identify other partners (growers, buyers, CPG) that can provide complementary value to the geospatial data as a report out on the progress toward a more beneficial agriculture system
- Cultivate internal relationships with expert content providers
- Has successfully managed an editorial team and can inspire best work from editorial staff, but also can roll up sleeves to deliver strong content themselves
- Can engage with, and speak the language of a wide variety of coworkers, including data analysts, engineers, business leads, agronomists, farmers, etc.
- Ability to visualize abstract concepts and develop them into editorial ideas
- Can bring content marketing know-how and best practice to the team
- Minimum 10-15+ years of work experience
- B.A. in Journalism
- Professional background in global economics, agriculture of grain marketing, technology, required
- Experience operationalizing and distributing content across channels, digital preferred
- Curiosity about remote sensing technology and data science, preferred
- Professionally skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, preferred
- Excellent creative taste and style
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.