Indigo is building a more beneficial food system that leaves growers more profitable, improves the environment, and connects consumers to their food. Using beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo harnesses nature and works with growers to produce high-quality harvests and improve the environment. To de-commoditize agriculture, Indigo connects growers and buyers directly via Indigo Marketplace and Indigo Transport so that these high-quality and environmentally beneficial harvests command premiums in the market.
Indigo is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Systems Innovation is the idea factory for Indigo. We are an interdisciplinary team of business, science, and technology professionals that drive radial chance in agriculture through new systems of farming.
To do this work we:
- Identify, create, evaluate, and accelerate new opportunities that span technological and business innovations. We drive these innovations.
- Draw inspiration from our own diverse experiences but are always seeking perspectives from a broader ecosystem of internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a strategic vision but are not afraid to get in the weeds on operationalizing a new business unit.
- Set ambitious goals and stretch our limits but take the time to pause and reflect on our work.
The Director for Systems Innovation will lead core initiatives on the Innovation Team to discover, value, communicate, and operationalize systems of technologies and data that enable Indigo to bring the future of agriculture into the present.
- Lead high-impact initiatives to incorporate cutting-edge ag technologies into Indigo’s businesses by crafting strategy, managing internal and external relationships, and leading meetings
- Lead new business plan creation, launch new business units, and stand up new functions and initiatives in collaboration with Innovation Leadership, Corporate Development, Business Development, other Indigo Teams
- Manage multiple key initiatives simultaneously and deliver on time and with the highest standards
- Create frameworks for finding, valuing, and operationalizing new technologies that enable Indigo’s business model
- Create visually compelling slides in PowerPoint to communicate core findings across Indigo and to outside stakeholders
- Partner with Systems Innovation leadership to craft team strategy that supports Indigo’s objectives and Innovation Team mission
- Attract, develop a team of A players into the highest performing team anywhere. Manage a team of 5-15+ people over time.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Respond promptly and clearly via email
- Deliver presentations, with and without PowerPoint, to all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Leads meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Seeks first to understand, then to be understood
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability and willingness to lead
- Highly organized
- Completes necessary tasks, even menial ones, with joy
- Demonstrate grower empathy in interactions with all stakeholders
- Willingness to travel at least 1 time per quarter to the field to learn about and deploy new systems
- Undergrad degree in business, math, engineering, science, or related field with 3.5+ GPA
- 7-10 years of work experience, ideally in strategy, consulting, product management, or highly complex and creative environments
- MBA or PhD with strong academic achievement preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.