Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Systems Innovation is the idea factory for Indigo. We are an interdisciplinary team of business, science, and technology professionals that drive radical change in agriculture through new systems of farming.
To develop and deploy these systems, we:
- Identify, create, evaluate, and accelerate new opportunities that span technological and business innovations. We drive these innovations.
- Draw inspiration from our own diverse experiences but are always seeking perspectives from a broader ecosystem of internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a strategic vision but are not afraid to get in the weeds on operationalizing a new business unit.
- Set ambitious goals and stretch our limits but take the time to pause and reflect on our work.
The Strategic Project Director will work with the Systems Innovation Co-Leads and the Chief Innovation Officer to lead high priority explorations into new technologies, business, and ideas that could fundamentally change Agriculture. This role will own slide material development and communication of high priority projects and team strategies to be delivered to Board Members, Investors, and at Quarterly Leadership Offsites.
- Become known by Indigo’s leaders as the go-to resource within the Systems Innovation team for business-critical projects
- Own the development and delivery of materials for board meetings and company offsites that provide technical strategies and project execution plans
- Deliver a framework for prioritizing, directing, and resourcing requests received from executive team and business unit leads to meet timelines
- Develop and own training materials and lead training sessions with team members for slide building and storytelling across the team
- Handle incoming investor diligence requests
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of audiences
- Able to distill complex topics into easily digestible components that can be quickly understood
- Excellent storyteller with strong slide building skills
- Ability to motivate rapid action and influence without authority
- Quick thinker, able to prioritize and respond logically in real-time
- Analytical and scientifically curious
- Strong project manager: can set up a project plan and manage many workstreams as well as expectations
- Business-minded, able to look at things in terms of value creation, cost/benefit, etc.
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities with a rapid internal pace of work
- Flexible & comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong connection to Indigo’s mission
- Willing to do necessary tasks, even menial ones, with joy
- Bachelors in related field required; Masters degree a plus
- 5+ years’ work experience in a consulting, technical, innovation, or design field required
- Experience working closely with a team of scientists or engineers required
- Experience leading teams required
- Experience in highly independent roles required
- Experience developing new frameworks for ambiguous situations required
- Strong experience presenting to and interfacing with executives required
- Efficient Excel and PPT skills (shortcuts) and fluent in data visualization tools and best practices
- Based in Boston, minimal travel