Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com.
Indigo Research Partners (IRP) is the world’s largest agriculture lab focused on finding innovative technologies and products that add value to the farm. IRP was created was created to enable an entirely new method of agricultural R&D. This approach eliminates the “one size fits all” model associated with traditional small plot field trials and evaluates cutting edge technologies on commercial scale conditions in partnership with influential growers across the world. The platform is designed to generate data relevant to a specific farm or field and lead to actionable insights for growers. Indigo Research Partners’ goal is to accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies that optimize on-farm decision making and ultimately improve grower profitability. https://www.indigoag.com/for-growers/indigo-research-partners.
The role of the Research Agronomist (RA) is to deliver a great and seamless experience for Indigo Partners growers. IRP RAs will work directly with forward-thinking growers that have planted Indigo products and are testing innovative technologies on their farm to determine the value they may bring. Activities will include crop monitoring, data capture, flying drones, and soil sampling. RAs will work closely with IRP Tech Services Representatives (TSR) to coordinate logistics (seed treatment / delivery, technology installation / implementation), ground truth on farm (as necessary) and perform any task to delight Indigo Partners growers with world-class services. These efforts will enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability, productivity, and sustainability.
• Coordinate with team members to receive instruction on what ground truthing protocol should be used in data collection.
• Capture high quality aerial imagery data on a regular cadence and follow company standard operating procedures to ensure safety and efficient data capture.
• Execute on protocols assigned and collect data at given number of Indigo Research Partners locations, paying close attention to data quality. Manage logistics to gather accurate data in the most efficient manner.
• Submit data through data collection tools on a regular cadence as determined by TSR.
• Solve emerging problems in field pertaining to protocol execution due to equipment, logistics, weather, or safety.
• Build and sustain positive relationships with IRP growers by assisting team members to deliver on commitments to growers.
• Provide each grower with the highest quality customer experience through embodying a solution-oriented mindset.
• Provide timely feedback on how to improve and further develop company standards and operating procedures.
Attributes and Competencies:
• Willingness and desire to work outside and scout fields.
• Thorough understanding of standard operating procedures, safety precautions, and FFA rules and regulations (where applicable).
• Team player and collaborates effectively with team members.
• Strong attention to detail with solid organizational and prioritization skills.
• Passionately devoted to improving farmer profitability, consumer health, and the environmental sustainability of our food system.
• Comprehensive understanding or desire to learn agronomy and row crop production practices.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Farming background or a strong knowledge of farming.
• Ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in science or technology.
• Prefer minimum of 1 year of agricultural experience.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.