Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Crop Product Management at Indigo links R&D and Commercial / business facing functions. The Associate Manager, Crop Product Strategy, will contribute to the continued growth and expansion of Indigo’s microbiome products across crops and geographies. Indigo’s industry-leading product portfolio has already helped to make agriculture more productive, profitable, and sustainable on more than one million acres globally.
The Associate Manager will identify additional opportunities to leverage Indigo’s products across multiple crops, market segments, and geographies by building a deep understanding of the external landscape and needs of growers. This person will also partner with other functions – including Data Innovation, R&D, Regulatory and Commercial – to lead strategic initiatives and improve existing systems, and support the Crop Product Management (CPM) team to advance microbial solutions that will continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes for growers around the world.
- Become fluent with Indigo structure and build working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Understand Indigo’s R&D product development process and the company’s commercial priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of the U.S. agricultural landscape, including production economics and trends relating to on-farm technological innovation
- Create strategy documents, financial models and slide presentations for delivery to senior-level stakeholders, including the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Innovation Officer and Board of Directors
- Identify, design and build systems and tools to maximize team efficiencies and productivity, including internal templates, checklists and other process documentation
- Partner with Crop Product Management colleagues and Product Marketing to identify opportunities, define value propositions, and support overall go-to-market strategies across multiple crops and seasons
- Own modifications to the microbiome product roadmap and relevant portions of the company’s overall business plan; work with colleagues to continuously refine the product vision and strategy and communicate this to key internal audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and a “roll up their sleeves to get the job done” mindset
- Ability to collaborate with and influence Indigo stakeholders
- Ability to distill concepts from ideas/discussion
- Ability to present to stakeholders across varying levels of seniority
- Ability to execute under both ambiguous and/or highly-structured scenarios
- Bias for action
- A great planner with exceptional organization skills
- Aligned with Indigo’s mission and core values
- 2+ years’ experience in management consulting, internal strategy or related experience required
- B.S. required (Science or Engineering preferred)
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Strong project management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to produce well-written and cohesive analytical reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability and experience working with teams
- Experience building visuals to communicate complex ideas in a structured way
- Based in Boston, travel 10% of the time
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.