Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The GMA (Grain Marketing Advisor) Commercial Marketing Senior Manager will be responsible for leading all marketing efforts connected to strategic partnerships with GMAs and their grower clients.
Appreciate the value of GMAs (Grain Marketing Advisors) to Indigo’s business, and adopt the Customer Experience goals outlined for the important segment, acting as an internal champion and external trusted resource/partner
- Take over GMA relationships and ensure smooth execution of promotional plans
Develop a clear understanding of GMA business models, client relationships, needs & goals.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Indigo’s system of solutions and the value it provides to GMAs and growers
- Develop high level understanding of ag finance (hedging, basis, futures, etc.)
Create long-term processes to standardize and streamline GMA marketing programs to ensure smooth and productive partnerships
- Determine how to efficiently scale our marketing bureau by establishing customizable templates and gaining client agreement to conform to our defined constraints
- Ensures all signed GMA partners have been set up with Marketing offerings and there are clear account-based plans of Marketing deliverables going forward
- Able to gain high level trust of C level executives to where they give marketing plan control over to Indigo for execution
Develop and document a standard Marketing offering and process to onboard GMA partners, working with the GMA program team
- Suggest and implement optimizations to onboarding and marketing strategy to ensure the efficacy of GMA campaigns and grower engagement
- Build out a strong GMA commercial marketing team
Demonstrate progressive quarter over quarter performance across key marketing metrics
- Deliver strong results to support the ambitious company-wide GMA goals
- Maintain a project pipeline that is used to manage timelines and expectations for both GMA clients and internal resources.
- Able to build a long-term forecast of upcoming projects and demands to create smoother operations
- Ability to carry and execute a high-quality customer experience
- Ability to define and execute campaigns with clear goals under short time frames
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external clients/stakeholders with focus and excellence
- Executive communication and timeline management skills - ability to work with different, strong personalities
- Capable of working in high pressure situations with calm resolve
- Strong client management skills
- An eye for creative excellence and messaging
- Highly organized
- Team player - able to communicate effectively
- Strong writing & proofreading skills
- Flexible mindset, able to adjust quickly to changing goals
- Creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ideas, programs, suggestions for improvement
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities and act on them promptly
- Ability to provide engagement metrics and reporting on marketing campaigns
- Good at managing and interacting with remote colleagues and clients
- High EQ: humility, graciousness and diplomatic mindset
- 10 + years marketing and management experience
- Experience marketing in partnership
- Agriculture experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience creating marketing and demand gen plans and working with external agencies.
- Experience managing creative projects on large and small scale.
- Experience in event planning and management (nice to have)
- Strong reporting skills
- Management experience
- Flexible travel capability
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.