As a senior full-stack engineer on the Insights team, you will work on creating sophisticated systems and infrastructure for collecting, processing, and displaying the full spectrum of data from farms across the globe. We are collecting ground truth data that powers advanced analytics at Indigo as well as machine learning training datasets that will allow us to utilize satellite, drone, and agricultural sensor data to help farmers move towards more sustainable farm practices. Your expertise in full-stack application development will help us create best-in-class tools for collecting and processing ground truth data.
Indigo helps farmers make informed and sustainable choices. The Insights team is building a product that serves advanced analytics, imagery, and machine learning outputs to farmers and agronomists in an easily-accessible way. Join us in building systems that result in the world’s wisest farmers.
As a full-stack engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with product managers, frontend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts, working to understand our users and deliver value to them while balancing technical and business tradeoffs
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability and following best practices
- Work effectively across the stack, crafting polished features in the UI, implementing the APIs and processes that support them, and working with the data that powers all of it
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have experience working with a cloud provider such as AWS or GCP.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Help Indigo improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health at a global scale.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is economically desirable and an accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.