Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the Supply Chain Seed Treater Partner Program Manager will be to manage the seed treater partner program working with the SSCPM’s to build and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders, both external and internal. The manager will ensure the monitoring of treating partner sign up is on pace to meet sales forecasts for treated acres required and develop reporting capabilities to clearly communicate status. This person will serve as liaison between internal and external stakeholders driving on-time delivery and high performance of our partners working with Inventory Management and SC Operations.
- Within 30 days
- individual must understand Indigo strategy and landscape of seed treatment partners - and how the potential partners would fit into the landscape
- individual will work with RAM/KAM’s to develop list of potential seed treating opportunities
- Initiate contact and recruiting of seed partners and provide opportunity list for follow up by SSCPM
- will understand and become comfortable utilizing Sales Force and/or Oracle.
- the ideal candidate will be able to negotiate initial terms with potential partners, representing Indigo as a partner in the market - high level of responsiveness, openness, and relationship building
- ideal candidate will own monitoring of treating partner funnel in SF and work with SSCPM’s to accelerate Close Won.
- candidate will search, identify and qualify future seed partners as required to meet commercial forecasts
- Within 60 days
- Establish relationships with target seed treatment partners, identifying capacity, gaps, and ways of working based on Indigo seed access strategy
- ideal candidate will work to communicate commercial terms and performance expectations through the lifecycle of the relationship
- candidate will develop reporting and forecasting processes
- interface with Commercial and Crop Product Management to build the seed treater capacity plan and strategy to fulfill the seed treating needs required to hit the sales acre targets
- Within 90 days,
- individual will track industry trends and marketplace changes that could impact the seed treating needs of our partners and our customers.
- where applicable, own responsibility of tracking, maintaining, and managing Indigo owned treater inventory and other equipment.
- this individual will partner with Commercial, Strategy, and Crop Product Management to revise the demand forecast and seed treating partner access strategy.
- establish seed partner KPIs that form the basis for performance management of each seed partner. Develop tracking and reporting systems to drive performance enhancement.
- this individual will work with SSCPM’s to assess performance and determine viability of partner; ensure that high performing partners are interested in working with Indigo continuously
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Demonstrated past of negotiating contractual relationships and commercial terms with vendors/suppliers
- Strong communicator, internally and externally, with a focus on setting and delivering on expectations
- Able to work with little direction, self-starter and highly motivated
- Able to work effectively across functions/organizations within Indigo
- Demonstrate experience in utilizing data and data analytics
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment
- Flexible and can work with a high level of ambiguity
- Able to build positive collaborative relationships
- Highly results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ seed/ag related experience
- Based in Memphis, and/or travel up to 25%
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.