Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield and reduce the use of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield and crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies and stresses. The challenge and opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly and effectively (~$1B 2020 revenue.)
The role of the Account Manager will be to build and maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigo’s grower partners. This role extends far beyond a traditional sales position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, deep and comprehensive understanding of ag business, and exceptional social intelligence. The Account Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s commercial offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s production model and close the sale (contract) with new growers. Once the relationship has been established, Account Managers will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of farm operations, exceptional customer service, highlighting Indigo value, and building a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Account Manager will work closely with an experienced Indigo agronomist to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability.
- Develops an aggressive, planned approach for sales process with identification and prioritization of best lead sources, qualification of leads, and systematic process for progressing leads through sales funnel.
- Aggressively qualifies leads from sourced lists, referrals, and personal network. Immediately contacts qualified, hot leads from all sources to arrange presentation of Indigo mission and production model.
- Effectively and professionally communicates the Indigo mission, technology, production model, and value proposition to growers, associates, and partners. Demonstrates skill in addressing questions/resistance and proactively closes sales.
- Achieves or exceeds target for contracted acres with an aggressive and professional sales approach while developing the grower relationship with a positive Indigo experience.
- Maintains grower account and sales process information on salesforce.com CRM tool.
- Develops a collaborative relationship with agronomist to provide an enriched sales and service experience for our contracted growers.
- Internalizes, exhibits, and communicates a passion for the Indigo mission, core values, and promises. Articulates this passion in a confident, professional, and endearing fashion.
Attributes and Competencies:
- Clear communication skills
- Strong persuasion and relationship building skills
- Ability to link Indigo Ag value to grower profitability and sustainability
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- Self-starter; independent
- Collaborative, team oriented, and extremely strong people skills
- 0-5 years of experience
- Bachelor Degree required
- Experience in a sales or ag finance position (i.e. Ag banks, insurance or ag retail)
- Farming background or a strong knowledge of farming