Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Programs Management Associate will be to ensure that all sales operations processes, technology systems, and roles and responsibilities are thoughtfully designed and successfully implemented.
- Design solutions with input from Commercial leadership and support teams, and project manage relevant cross-functional teams to implement the following initiatives:
- Defining sales team roles & responsibilities and commercial processes
- Translating commercial processes into Salesforce.com requirements
- Designing sales reporting needs for Salesforce.com
- Setting up settlement transaction technology, and integrating with accounting systems
- Sales contracting technology and process
- Project management will require eliciting feedback, revising solutions, setting deliverable dates, create project plan timelines, and working with workstream owners to complete deliverables.
- Be a strategic partner to leadership from Grain Quality Testing, and support adjacent initiatives.
- Proactively understand the operations of each team that’s relevant to Grain Quality Testing.
- Contribute to business strategy and planning by representing the voice of various supporting functions who we’ll design processes for.
- Communicate relevant information to interdependent workstream owners, including training needs and operational requirements.
- As business needs evolve, contribute to adjacent initiatives in need of support. This can be an opportunity to develop skills beyond current skill set, possibly including financial modelling, product management, marketing, training, and business operations.
- Ability to effectively project manage cross-functionally. Comfortable leading problem solving, giving direction, and instilling accountability while building relationships
- Self-starter and solutions oriented. Able to quickly assess problems, independently gather and synthesize information, and develop recommendations with little guidance
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills, enough so to consistently work with Managers and Directors
- Very smart and logical
- High energy and hard-working, and motivated by the opportunity to have significant operational ownership at a fast growing company
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- B.S. degree required
- 2-5 years in sales operations at successful operating company or sales consulting firm
- Direct experience in designing and implementing technology systems such as CRM and settlement. Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Has developed complex process flow maps, and has fundamental PowerPoint skills
- Based in Memphis