Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The main responsibility of the Associate Manager of Training, Grain Quality will be to ensure each team understands all they need to in order to successfully sell and execute Grain Quality Testing.
- Define product marketing strategy for both buyers and growers across all crops:
- Evaluate and recommend market segment targeting, based on self-directed analysis
- Develop key messaging and talk tracks, customized to customer archetypes
- Design and implement processes to collect customer feedback from both buyers and growers, and synthesize insights to revise product, customer messaging, and customer targeting
- Lead creation of marketing materials and out-bound marketing strategy and operations, in collaboration with Marketing team. Outline collateral needs, develop and test messaging, revise campaigns created by Marketing, and project manage their creation
- Design and execute training for buyer-facing sales team, grower-facing sales team, Agronomists, and Field Operations Specialists
- Ownership of training includes developing learning objectives, creating and managing project plan, creating content, presenting trainings, and conducting assessments of learners
- Be a strategic partner to leadership from Grain Quality Testing, and support adjacent initiatives. Proactively understand the operations of each team that’s relevant to Grain Quality Testing, and be willing to contribute as needed
- Ability to effectively project manage cross-functionally. Comfortable leading problem solving, giving direction, and instilling accountability while building relationships
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills, enough so to consistently work with Managers and Directors
- Self-starter and solutions oriented. Able to quickly assess problems, independently gather and synthesize information, and develop recommendations with little guidance
- Very smart and logical
- High energy and hard-working, and motivated by the opportunity to have significant operational ownership at a fast growing company
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- B.S. degree required
- 3-6 years in sales operations or sales analysis training at successful operating company or sales consulting firm:
- Developed sales talk tracks and objection handlers, and ideally training others.
- Worked with complex technical products, and proven ability to simplify value propositions.
- Created marketing or sales materials to sell new products.
- Conducted sales analyses, including those supporting SIP development, market/customer targeting, or funnel efficiency.
- Based in Memphis and can travel up to 30% of the time