Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. Recently, an office in Switzerland was established to drive the Indigo launch across Europe. www.indigoag.com
We are looking for an outstanding / highly motivated Agribusiness / Agronomy Engineering student for an internship at Indigo, a leading AgTech start-up company. The Agribusiness Intern willwork with the Indigo Europe team based in Basel for a period of 3-6 months to support the design of Indigo’s market entry strategy for Europe, initial focus: Germany/ Turkey.
The Intern will engage at least with one of the following 3 topics:
- Microbiome strategy support:
- Support planning and execution of grower meeting and events to promote Indigo technology
- Promote Indigo microbiome technology to target cereal/ corn growers
- Supervise field trials and data collection and analyze product performance and make product technical positioning and marketing recommendations
- Analyze market structures to support commercial market entry strategies
- Digital strategy support: analyze and benchmark digital/ imaging-based solution players, define current features in the market and brainstorm/ assess future digital features to differentiate in the marketplace.
- Marketplace strategy support: analyze grain selling market structures, existing online trading platforms and support market entry recommendations
- Highly entrepreneurial, able to jump on a task and act fast, figuring out what and how to do it, reach out to people in/outside Indigo to get to results
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills. Able to present conclusions in professional/ management style
- Comfortable talking business with cereal / corn growers and working at field level
- Passionate about how new microbiome and digital technologies can reshape the future of agriculture
- Social skills and positive can-do-it attitude
- Strongly motivated to learn and do a stellar internship job within a highly ambitious agtech company
- Agribusiness / Agronomy Engineering Master’s Degree at top-tier agro-sciences University, candidates with at least 50% of degree curriculum completed or recently graduated will be considered
- Outstanding academic and extracurricular qualifications
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- German language (native level), good English
- No previous business experience required, however, relevant experience is welcome
Note: Please provide a CV and cover letter that includes your motivation and internship duration availability.
Location: Basel (Switzerland)