Lab & Facilities Operations Tech (Receiving/Shipping)
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the Laboratory Operations Support Temp will be to support the Laboratory and Facilities Team, and the rest of the Indigo Agriculture team in their efforts to enable a highly productive, efficient, and safe laboratory environment by supporting ongoing laboratory operation tasks.
- Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on receiving and opening packages, stocking consumables and supplies, and organizing various lab spaces and equipment.
- Provide support function for the laboratory organization and waste management.
- Provide support function for the facilities organization by helping with moves, organization of common spaces, relocations and Indigo events.
- Help with ordering, receiving, stocking and shipping.
- Help supporting the facilities and infrastructure in the laboratory.
- Help enforce Indigo’s safety policies and good work practices.
- A customer-oriented philosophy with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic learner with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity.
- A passion for Indigo and our core values.
- An ability to think creatively about identifying and optimizing workflows.
- Work autonomously and in a self-directed manner but always within the expectations of and parameters set by their manager.
- Sets and maintains high standards for self.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct.
- At a minimum, a High School degree with >1 year of experience working in biological laboratories in an industrial or academic setting.
- Ideally, an Associate degree in science or engineering field with >2 years of industrial biotech experience in a laboratory support capacity.
- Higher levels of education in a related field (biology, microbiology, molecular biology etc.) may be counted towards work experience.