Indigo Agriculture is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Indigo Research Partners (IRP) is the world’s largest agriculture lab focused on finding innovative technologies and products that add value to the farm. IRP was created was created to enable an entirely new method of agricultural R&D. This approach eliminates the “one size fits all” model associated with traditional small plot field trials and evaluates cutting edge technologies on commercial scale conditions in partnership with influential growers across the world. The platform is designed to generate data relevant to a specific farm or field and lead to actionable insights for growers. Indigo Research Partners’ goal is to accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies that optimize on-farm decision making and ultimately improve grower profitability. https://www.indigoag.com/for-growers/indigo-research-partners
The role of Technical Service Representative in Indigo Research Partners (IRP) will develop and lead implementation of farmer scale systems-based testing of a wide range of technologies, including Indigo’s microbial seed treatments.
- Develop and implement farm-scale trials to transition product concepts from R&D testing to commercial products.
- Evaluate instruments, implements, and inputs as well as management practices by executing farm-scale testing to determine the best Systems to improve grower profitability, which will support IRP and Key Accounts.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with IRP growers and manage technical aspects of those partnerships.
- Incorporate innovative, critical, constructive, and creative thinking.
- Implement and interpret complex research studies and train commercial team on new commercial products and systems.
- Serve as IRP technical leader in area(s) of expertise.
- Collaborate with IT and Data Science to generate data for Indigo Software Tool, which will be used by agronomists to provide customers with unparalleled agronomic and profitability decision-making ability.
- Provide technically-sound data collection to fuel all aspects of data analyses (Indigo Ag Software Tool, IRP Field Tool, IRP Agronomic Partners)
- Effectively manage IRP ‘Research Technician’ to deliver on field commitments to growers
- Be seen and embraced as a leader in the Indigo organization fostering openness, transparency, and a window from internal operations to the outside world via important stakeholders
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies.
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values.
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions.
- Collaborate at a high level within team and across R&D, IT and Commercial teams.
- Strong and succinct communicator; ability to communicate and interface with corporate customers.
- Flexible in thought and action; ability to deal with ambiguity in a positive manner and bring solutions to the table; ability to train commercial team on newly developed Indigo products.
- Curious and perceptive: Enjoys new technology.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- MS required; PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of agricultural testing experience preferred.
- Experience with corn and soybean in Midwest US preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.