Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The Customer Development Manager will identify target customer profiles, define repeatable sales roadmaps, and develop and convert a pipeline of sales opportunities that ultimately creates demand for Indigo crops in line with the company’s orders, sales, and gross margin targets.
- Achieve sales, orders, and margin targets for Indigo sales in target accounts while managing costs within budget
- Develop influential relationships with target customers at all levels, understand decision-making processes, and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Uncover and document customers’ key initiatives and priorities through interactions at appropriate levels of the organization
- Integrate and lead the technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in the implementation of customer strategies
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions and customer base
- Establish a clear vision of market dynamics and set priorities accordingly
- Work with product management to develop new products and services for business growth
- Set daily, weekly, and monthly activity goals
- Utilize the CRM system to provide weekly reporting for management that effectively communicates activity, progress towards assigned goals, and opportunities for improvement
- Deliver outstanding customer service, measured by achieving a 9/10 customer satisfaction rating
- Understand, embody, and commit to Indigo’s purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies
- Strong listener and highly inquisitive
- Customer-focused, fact-based problem solver
- Expertise in establishing value-based pricing combined with reality-based product and service differentiation.
- Strong goal orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit (i.e. bias for action, sense of urgency, persistent, and resilient)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Humble, modest, and strong team orientation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years in strategic sales or other relevant commercial roles that involved introducing new products to existing and/or new markets in a B2B environment. Early career in technical roles would prove helpful.
- 4+ years closing large, complex, strategic deals
- Experience in one or more industries that have agricultural products as a primary input into their production processes and/or end products (e.g. ethanol production, milling, food production, CPG, etc.) preferred
- Experience and willingness to utilize CRM tools and practices
- Willingness to travel 60+% to customers and/or Indigo sites and close-proximity to a NA hub airport in the Lower Midwest U.S.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.