Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN, as well as global offices in Brazil, Argentina, and Australia. www.indigoag.com
The Payroll Manager will be responsible our company’s payroll, travel and expense management system, and purchase card program. This role requires a passion for processes and organization, as well as the desire to have a positive impact on our fast-growing workforce. This role will be based in Boston, and will report to the Sr. Manager of Financial Operations in Boston.
- Own all payroll process cycles for hourly and salaried employees from start to finish with minimal oversight ensuring payrolls are completed on-time and error-free.
- Oversight of year-end procedures including management of 3rd party vendor for generation of W2s and other monthly, quarterly and annual required tax compliance.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reconciliations, including all required support for annual and quarterly financial statement audits.
- Own Indigo’s travel & expense system (Concur) and purchasing card program from start to finish, including administering the proper policies and processes around each system and evaluating the process on a periodic basis to ensure controls and procedures are appropriate.
- Provide exceptional customer support so that employees view the Finance team as helpful and responsive, our people never complain about payroll, and payroll questions are answered quickly and accurately
- Partner with the Finance and People teams to develop and maintain Indigo’s “hire to retire” process
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place and working effectively around hiring, paying, and terminating employees
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential material
- Works well cross-functionally in a collaborative manner
- Rolls up sleeves and digs into the work to get things done
- Comfortable flagging items outside of policies; persistent when it comes to following up
- Highly process-oriented
- Team player who is open to creative ideas and doesn’t just fall back on doing what’s always been done
- Positive, can-do attitude with exceptional customer service
- Passionate about Indigo’s mission and core values
- Pro-active ownership in work and takes extreme pride in their work product
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience, with at least 2 consecutive years of payroll at the same company
- Experience with multi-state payroll
- Experience in a fast-paced publicly-traded company with at least 200 employees
- Solid knowledge and understanding of tax rules and payroll implications
- Understanding of compliance requirements for stock option activity and related compliance reporting
- Experience with ADP a must; Concur experience a plus