We’re looking for a Manager, Publisher Development to join our London-based team and focus on developing relationships with publishers in southern Europe with a specific focus on the Italian market. Depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/publisher business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology is absolutely essential as you work to manage the complex needs of online publishers. You will use that knowledge and your understanding of IX’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand.
This is a highly visible, client facing position that requires strong organizational skills, creative thinking, professionalism, and an ability to build trust with senior decision makers at premium digital publishers. You will use your market-specific knowledge and book of contacts to blaze a trail for IX in Italy. We will look to you to understand and build solutions that speak to publishers’ unique business model and requirements. This includes: a detailed needs assessment; aligning viable options to those needs; formulating and presenting these options to various levels of management; influencing and directing key decision makers; overseeing the deliverables; and, over time, establishing trusted adviser status with key stakeholders. Internally, the role requires extensive communication and knowledge sharing with sell-side and buy-side leads, as well as senior leadership teams.
What we’re looking for:
Engagement: You are comfortable being front and centre in the client relationship. This includes representing IX at industry events and panels to increase market awareness of the solution we’re offering as well as more immediate interactions with our publishers.
Hunger: You will work tirelessly to consistently close new business and grow the IX footprint in Italy and southern Europe. This includes sourcing, qualifying and engaging partners and then fostering long-term relationships with key decision makers. We want a hunter who eats what they kill.
Results: You will need to be passionate about working in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, fluid start-up environment with a high emphasis on results. You will require a well-developed ability to use data to demonstrate impact and success but also to identify new opportunities across our business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Seize upon 5+ years of publisher technology sales experience in the Italian market to rapidly increase IX’s presence and partnerships
- Work closely with our Partner Success team who help oversee the technical, analytical and account management services to deliver a best in class experience across each publisher relationship
- Perform ongoing needs analysis, lead quarterly business reviews and identify growth opportunities with key accounts
- Provide the leadership team with market updates and revenue forecasts to assist with growth planning
- Fluidly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and stakeholders
- Travel extensively between our London office and key cities in Italy and southern Europe. We need someone who can be hyper-present in key markets and get directly in-front of publishers
- Communicate fluently in both Italian and English - other languages (French, Spanish, German) are all a huge plus