Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 250 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
What we are looking for:
- Team Player: You will work in a six person agile team to help accomplish the team’s goals while interacting with other teams. How do you work with others to find the best solution?
- Curiosity and Drive: Do you enjoy asking questions, learning, and creating solutions?
- Problem Solvers: You don't stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it.
- Passion: You love tech and top-notch code and plan to make it better.
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you.
- Work within Data Operations team to support various data platforms and BI tools to ensure proper maintenance, monitoring and alerting, and optimizations
- Write scripts to automate system and application tasks
- Analyze server logs to troubleshoot issues
- Contribute on merge requests, tests, and deployments in containerized environments
- Participate in agile ceremonies
- Prepare design documentation and conduct studies to select optimal solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Software Eng, Comp Eng, or related field
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems such as CentOS
- Shell scripting with Linux/Unix
- SQL (structured query language) proficiency
- Data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Database knowledge and experience such as MySQL
- Experience with Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written
- Familiarity with computer science concepts and software technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with Big Data stack such as Spark, Scala, Hadoop
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with Databases (MySQL, Vertica, NoSQL)
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Redash, etc.
- A robust GitHub profile
Why you will love working here:
- Catered lunches each Friday (will resume once back in offices)
- Above average salary
- Fully stocked fridge & snack shelves
- Remote until further notice
- Casual Dress
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.