We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code in a very large and scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
The Technical Engineering Manager is a critical role with sole ownership over the success of their team and their projects. They are trusted with the leadership and development of a group of software engineers driving towards the outcomes of their projects.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Technical Leadership: You have gained experience and skills that enable you to chart a technical path for products, systems, and architectures. You are happy to be hands-on in the code, but your biggest impact is leading from the front and guiding others. Your role is to represent the technical health and future of the products you support and applying industry best practices towards designs and implementations.
- People Leadership: You know how to work with and lead a team of software engineers. You have demonstrated mentorship skills and set a technical vision to challenge your team in a way that empowers them to have incredible impact. You empower teams, who in turn build intricate systems that deliver great outcomes.
- Driver of Outcomes: You are intentional in your path, establishing a vision or hypothesis, setting a direction, and guiding your team through execution. You use data to inform pivots or to validate assumptions, and partner with the Product team to set a roadmap, establish goals and forecasts to achieve both technical and business outcomes.
- End-to-End Owner: You take great pride in the products your team owns and delivers, and take full responsibility for their quality, health, and outcomes. You lead your team in ensuring services remain healthy and that technical debt is regularly paid down. When issues arise, you lead your team in responding, mitigating, and addressing the issues to learn from them for the future.
- Organizational Coordinator: You are the first point of contact for your team, your products, and your delivery plan. You foster a collaborative approach to delivery and leverage those relationships to unblock dependencies. You are a strong communicator and collaborator, responsive when issues arise, and celebrate successes by representing your team's achievements to the rest of the organization.
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and management of 5-10 person teams
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams, and nurturing talent among your team
- Knowledge of contemporary development and testing practices, DevOps practices, Agile methodologies and technologies is key
- Extensive experience in building, maintaining, and supporting scalable distributed systems
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.