We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Montreal team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. The ExQ team protects the user experience and supports global privacy and legal initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced developer who is eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
Index Exchange (IX) is a Canadian engineering success story processing 180 billion auction transactions daily, each within the tight time constraints of milliseconds. That is more daily than credit card transactions worldwide in a MONTH. We are the “stock exchange” for large advertising opportunity buyers and sellers.
The work we do requires the ability to write high quality code in a large and scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, complex problem solving, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies; more than anything you need to show us who you are as we greatly value people and interactions. Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You are not a manager, but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved, and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Hunger for Knowledge: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn.
Here’s what you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you; it’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, persuade others see your vision but know when to let go
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment with unit tests and automated tests as part of the development flow
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices and Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
Why you’ll love working here:
- A bright and lively shared office space in Downtown Montreal easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- No dress code and space to unwind, decompress and play games
- Paid vacation,12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental, and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.