We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, write quality code and enjoy offering guidance, mentorship and direction to teams and projects. This role sits on our Addressability team who leverages people-based identifiers so Buyers get a chance to target and transact through the open market or deal IDs, regardless of environment.
Index Exchange (IX) is a Canadian engineering success story processing 180 billion auction transactions daily, each within the tight time constraints of milliseconds. That is more daily than credit card transactions worldwide in a MONTH. We are the “stock exchange” for large advertising opportunity buyers and sellers.
The work we do requires high quality code in a large and scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business and are aware of the impact their effort makes.
What are we looking for?
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI/CD DevOps tooling culture
- Hunger for Knowledge: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo; we are always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more
What are your main responsibilities?
- Working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Some projects will be on real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimizing real-time bidding in the mobile space
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Partner with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Find practical technological solutions to problems
What qualifies you?
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on Software Engineer
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- A passion for and experience in designing, writing, testing, and deploying high quality back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Comfortable with one or more of the following languages: Golang, Node.JS, Python, Scala, Perl
- Comfortable with MySQL, Postgres, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with CI/CD, containers, orchestration, DevOps, GitOps, Automation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience working in Agile methodologies
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design pattern, data structures and memory optimization
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation, and practicality are important qualities
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We are not perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 – ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.