L2 Support at Index is different - we don’t have customers in the traditional sense of the word: we support a group of highly technical users including internal Index teams (Analysts, Commercial, Engineering) and representatives from our Publishers or Demand Partners, who depend on our products to see transparent data about their campaigns. We work closely with our product and engineering teams to recommend features or enhancements that improve user experience and product efficiency.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
We are looking for a L2 Services Engineer to join the team that operates as a single point of contact for end users needing assistance. The ideal candidate for this role must have a solid technical background in addition to exceptional prioritization, time management and communication skills. You must also have a firm comprehension of how software is developed, high understanding of the linux terminal and exposure to a software intensive environment.
Here’s what we want:
- Technical: The goal when a ticket is received is to resolve the issue rather than push the ticket to another team. You will use problem solving techniques to dig in to find the root cause of the issue and fix it where possible by updating database tables or building software to increase efficiency
- Dynamic: L2 is one of our most vibrant teams within Engineering and you need to not only bring the skills to do the job, but the right mix of passion and personality to complement this team. Someone who takes initiative will thrive in this role as we want new ideas mixed with a lot of energy to make things happen
- Organized: You will report all issues via tracking system (JIRA), determine appropriate priority, triage and escalate all high priority issues to seniors and/or manager
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build upon your professional experience in a software engineering role and expertise by supporting a global exchange and its features
- Use clear and concise communications skills to solicit critical information and share important updates
- Work quickly to resolve all ticketed issues that are submitted. This takes a high degree of problem solving, technical skills and logic
- Collaborate within the L2 team, as well as other departments across IX such as Product, Commercial, and other Engineering teams. Comfortable working cross-functionally is absolutely essential in this role
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.