Over the past few years we have constructed a vast network comprised of thousands of servers spread around the globe with a constant hum of traffic running through them. Our platform handles hundreds of thousands of bids every second and our system is built to maintain maximum uptime.
The Operations team at Index Exchange, has engineered several tools to help us monitor and watch this network but we need a set of human eyes on it every minute of the day. We want to build a team of Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineers who we can trust to observe and respond to issues around the clock, avoiding downtime at all costs.
In this role, you’d be working closely with our Operations team as well as IT and key members across our Business and Engineering teams to properly gauge warnings, push a fix or escalate the issue to the right team for a rapid response. It is also important to note that this role will eventually involve overnight shifts, so flexibility and vigilance are two integral characteristics we’re looking for. The ideal Operations Analyst is someone who possesses a solid understanding of network and hardware fundamentals and can quickly learn and master the make up our complex global system.
What are we looking for?
- Technical Expertise: networking knowledge, command line skills and a firm grasp of a wide range of different technical tools
- Curiosity: things can (and will) break for a million different reasons; your curiosity will help drive you to identify and fix the things that go wrong
- Alertness: we can never predict when things will go wrong so it is your job to be vigilant and prepared to respond when they do; you must be ready to reach out, ask questions and sound the alarm when necessary
- Flexibility: as NOC monitoring expands to 24/7/365 coverage we need Engineers who can adapt to this schedule
- Logic: your role is to log activity, work logically to understand the severity of a given problem and then report that problem to the right person if you’re not able to fix it
What qualifies you?
- A university or college degree/diploma in Networking, Computer Science, IT Security or equivalent experience
- Experience in previous roles with IT/Network Support or in a NOC
- Proficiency in Linux command line
- Experience with tools like: Nagios, Zabbix, ELK, Grafana
- Problem solving skills coupled with well-developed networking knowledge and an inherent interest in complex systems are all key traits to bring to this role
What you’ll love about working here?
- Our teams are comprised of top talent, and you will be inspired by your colleagues
- We do not have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We are not perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.