Index Exchange is looking for an Accountant to join our Finance team. The Finance team at IX plays a pivotal role, ensuring our publishers get paid the right amount and on-time, in addition to handling internal finances and expenses. Our business is successful because of the diligence and organization of our finance team to ensure all credits and debits are properly aligned.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you have:
- A high level of understanding of AR and AP functions and experience working with expense reports and expediting payments.
- A detail orientated approach - you can spot something out of order in a second and are proactive when initiating plans for corrective actions. You are also insanely organized and do your best when you have everything in line!
- The ability to collaborate and work well with other people - both your immediate team as well as all the other departments across Index Exchange, providing financial expertise while understanding how you can best serve each department.
- Knowledge of Netsuite, Expensify and Excel are an asset.
Here's what you’ll be doing:
- Provide support to all our internal teams by working with Finance to ensure the proper recording and accounting of our financial transactions.
- Process accounts payable invoices and payments in an efficient manner, while ensuring all invoices have been approved by the appropriate department head.
- Review and approve employee expense reports and credit card support through Expensify, ensure the appropriate documents have been provided and follow-up when they have not.
- Reconcile vendor accounts to resolve any payment discrepancies that may arise.
- Assist with ongoing departmental projects; including the implementation of stronger internal controls and various business process improvement initiatives.
- Perform a variety of month-end close duties; including P&L analysis and other supporting schedules.
- Help out during year end-end audits and assist with other tasks upon request.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Work out of our office in the heart of Downtown Toronto
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Flexible hours and relaxed dress code
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships and more
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.