Index Exchange is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director, Strategic Accounts to join our team in the Americas. This is a key role, based in New York, that will manage the strategy and execution across all our top tier publishers in the Americas. This person will manage a team of 10+ Team Leads and Strategic Account Managers across our office locations within North America (New York, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco). The Director, Strategic Accounts will be responsible for development of the account management team strategies, implementing strategic account plans, driving growth, and managing the largest business within North America Client Services.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
The Director, Strategic Accounts will ensure that Index Exchange exceeds our clients’ expectations by spearheading the vision for the team of Strategic Account Managers. The ability to encourage, support, take responsibility, be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must.
You will use your deep knowledge of the industry and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand. You will draw on your experience to formulate, track, and drive to completion initiatives designed to enhance and strengthen our client relationships. In order to contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange, you are expected to share your expertise and we’ll look to you to participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions with the team to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing client performance.
Here’s what we want:
Mentorship: Our current team has the knowledge, ability, and drive to make a huge impact on our growth as a company. In this role, you will be expected to nurture and guide the team to see success leveraging your experience mentoring, coaching, leading, and providing feedback. Your partnership with the current and future team should reflect that of our open and transparent culture, capitalizing on employee retention and career development.
Knowledgeable: Depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/publisher business models, technical understanding of ad serving, IX Library technology, header bidding, media trading, RTB and/or other related advertising technology.
Collaborative: You’ll need to work cross-functionally with other Index Exchange Commercial and Product teams to implement operational strategies, provide feedback/insight/reports and document new processes to help improve the client experience.
Strategic: An expert in strategic account management. We’ll look to you to identify actionable insights and new opportunities for our clients to increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand. Provided upward feedback to leadership for the purpose of formulating longer term business strategies and plans.
Leader: You will be responsible for supporting the execution of global strategies within the region while also identifying and driving regionally relevant strategies, including the go to market approach and deliverables for your team. As the leader of the team, you will support them in their day to day responsibilities and career development. Exhibiting and promoting the Index Exchange values in all interactions.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Director, Strategic Accounts will manage a team and their responsibilities of managing the complete life-cycle of the publisher from the moment they sign the contract with Index Exchange - including onboarding and integration project management, through to daily management, strategic planning and continue to find opportunities to grow the client’s business with Index Exchange.
- The customer service experience will center entirely around the Strategic Account Management team who will share accountability for maximizing revenue potential while acting as the primary contacts and project managers for all customer needs — pre-sales support, onboarding, client UI walk-throughs, ongoing relationship & yield management and quarterly business planning
- Leveraging skills in project management to collaborate with other Services team to ensure consistent, and clear strategic execution of publisher retention and growth strategies
- Lead publisher strategy by monitoring & analyzing key performance trends, and optimizing open and private marketplace performance
- Perform operational tasks, daily performance monitoring, and custom report creation and utilize Salesforce to ensure tracking and all account information is consistently updated and maintained
- Lead and contribute to internal or external Projects and initiatives. Manage these Projects effectively through to completion.
- Be an example of Index Exchange Values and lead the way for others to follow.
- Regional travel to connect with team members and clients will be expected.
Here’s What You Need:
- 8-10+ years experience managing individuals and managers in a client facing role, with revenue tied KPIs based on retention, growth, and continuous communication. Your leadership will be focused on mentorship and development of employees to see career success and team growth across regions and offices.
- 5+ Years of Programmatic Experience - preference for direct AdTech experience but candidates with media sales experience will be considered
- Goal oriented approach to your team — you are constantly seeking an opportunity to add value, build relationships, and deliver actionable insights that grow revenue for your teams clients
- In depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- A proficiency for data-driven decision making
- Project Management experience and abilities to manage stakeholders towards an agreed goal
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - Index Exchange will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.