Index Exchange (IX) is looking for an ambitious Product Manager to help advance our reporting and analytics products for our customers as well as our internal teams. As a data/reporting PM, this is an unique opportunity to work in a fast paced high growth environment with a massive data set that is ripe with untapped value.
You will work with a cast of highly-talented PMs, who have joined us from companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and eBay, to build product roadmaps that will elevate IX to its next growth level. If being innovative and nimble sounds fun, and you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more interoperable and transparent approach, then this is the role for you!
What are we looking for?
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Collaborative Leadership: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized and delivery-oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats and guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Technical Curiosity: You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have a massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Data-Centric Mindset: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You’re great at analysis and visualization, and you not only pronounce SQL the right way but you know how to use it.
- Customer Focused Mindset: You love speaking with customers: from world-leading publishers to advertisers and agencies, you’re excited to help them grow their revenue and build a thriving digital ads marketplace.
What you will be doing?
- Working with commercial teams and customers (publishers, DSPs, agencies) to understand their needs, and decide which ones we should address
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal and external expectations about the products we’ll bring to market
- Using your best judgement to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect; this includes saying “NO” to good ideas that simply won’t win, because they’re not great ideas
- Maintaining a prioritized set of products, features, and bugs in support of a thriving marketplace for digital advertising
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering and Project Management to deliver high-quality products and features on time
- Coordinating across numerous commercial and go-to-market stakeholders to ensure that products are launched correctly, that they can be measured appropriately, that they can be serviced, and that they meet the business objectives they were designed to achieve
- Partnering with customer service teams and early adopters to ensure that whatever we build is usable by our clients
What qualifies you?
- 1-3 years experience in product management as well as familiarity with building and shipping within the Agile framework
- A track record of successful launches and landings (goal attainment)
- Experience with programmatic ad tech platforms and/or large digital exchange/marketplace platforms
- Strong technical, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience in big data environments, building data/reporting/analytics products, and/or analytics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics (nice to have)
- Flexibility for some occasional travel (when/where it’s safe to do so)
What will you love about working here?
- Our teams are comprised of top talent from across the ad tech industry, and you’ll be inspired by your colleagues
- We participate in, and sit on the boards of, a number of industry standards-setting groups, including Prebid.org and the IAB, and you’ll have the opportunity to represent us there
- Our teams are built around cooperation, respect, and teamwork
- We offer excellent healthcare benefits, including health, dental, and vision, at NO expense to employees
- Some of our other competitive benefits include 5% RRSP matching or 401(K), maternity/paternity leave, and a fantastic vacation policy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 – ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.