Our Central team is growing and we’re looking for Buyer Development Director , based in the Chicago area. In this role you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with a portfolio of Agencies and Brands. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
You will be a core part of our Central team and work alongside our other teams throughout North America. The role is a combination of hunter and farmer, though most of your attention will be on the development of new business. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than would normally be expected.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You can convey complex systems and technology in simple to understand terms
- You’re a very organized, self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- You have a knack for developing relationships
- You are a creative problem solver that can also be organized and deliberate
- You have a deep understanding of programmatic advertising and our ecosystem
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will manage a portfolio of agency relationships and be responsible for cultivating existing relationships and establishing new ones.
- Your core focus will be to communicate the value of our SPO programs with traders and their leadership, drive behavioral change that results in more media purchased through Index Exchange.
- You will report to and partner with the Sales Director in your region on internal and externally facing projects.
- Additionally, you will evangelize the value of IX offerings with agency managers and trading teams.
- You will need to track your activity and manage your account focus in our CRM system, currently Salesforce.
Here’s what you have:
- You have a minimum of 3 years media sales experience and ideally up to 5 in the media business.
- You have perfected navigating internal relationships, working with support teams, and work in partnership with other sellers
- You have worked for, or at least with, a programmatic company before.
- Deep understanding of key markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales. Can create productive, long-term client relationships that span across multiple categories.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked kitchen (or snack allowances for remote employees), gym/health reimbursement, company retreats, and a flexible working environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.