Index Exchange is seeking a Quality Control Specialist to join the Exchange Quality department. Reporting to the Manager, Quality Control, you will be responsible for safeguarding Index Exchange publishers and inventory suppliers from security threats and malicious attacks that attempt to compromise the integrity of the marketplace media companies trust. This role offers an excellent opportunity to play a key role in providing tier-1 support to client service stakeholder groups while also executing on Index Exchange’s commitment to providing a clean and transparent exchange found on the values of neutrality, openness, and trust.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Act as the primary point of contact for responding to and resolving and malware alerts.
- Log and maintain a variety of data while maintaining a high level of accuracy for tracking purposes.
- Perform scheduled audits on ad campaigns and creatives to ensure adherence to policy.
- Gather and analyze incident reports as well as common trends while delivering insights to Exchange Quality leadership that help improve monitoring and controlling activities.
- Lead or support group project opportunities to build process improvements, effectively managing and prioritizing multiple deadlines at once.
- Acquire and maintain expert level knowledge of the subject of malvertising and ad quality, serving as consultative and trusted advisor to both internal and external stakeholders in terms of best practices for issue identification and risk mitigation.
- Develop and attain key performance measures to guide success and future growth.
- Acquire and maintain expertise with Index Exchange proprietary workflow tools for creative preview and campaign management, as well as third party business intelligence tools like Looker.
- Acquire and maintain a technical proficiency involved with malware technology and cybersecurity, both in understanding how malicious code works as well as detection solutions.
- Perform other departmental duties on occasion and as assigned.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Efficient management of routine ad quality and monitoring assignments.
- Thoroughness of insights and analysis shared with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsiveness and effectiveness to resolution of inbound tickets and requests.
- Quality of output of project work assigned.
Here’s what we want:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business or related field/discipline.
- Fast learner with ability to work in a dynamic operations role.
- Ability to work Weekend shifts.
- 1-3 years working experience in a technology or operations environment, with strong preference for those with experience in digital media or advertising technology.
- Knowledge of digital advertising participants and technologies (e.g. Ad server, Ad network, Exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficient with Looker and other similar business intelligence software platforms.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn about web technologies and code, particularly for use in malware and cybersecurity applications.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and build new processes and is comfortable with ambiguity.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.