The Total Rewards Specialist is a critical position on the People Operations team. Reporting to Director, People Operations, this role is lead for Compensation and all Rewards Programs at Index Exchange. Design ongoing total rewards strategy to support and sustain a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Main point of contact for all global Benefits, Rewards and Disability programs
- Develop and maintain total rewards policies and procedures, in partnership with the People Operations Manager
- Responsible for Job Evaluation requests & Market Surveys in reviewing new positions and providing salary recommendations
- Track a variety of metrics related to compensation and benefits, monitoring the competitiveness of organization pay structure and benefits administration against similar employers and recommending adjustments as needed based on industry
- Assist with the development, preparation and distribution of Total Rewards communication materials
- Maintain all annual / Quarterly compensation and variable compensation cycles
- Provide training and support to enhance understanding of compensation and benefits programs,
- Manage HR Information, ensuring data accuracy, integrity and compliance with relevant policies and governance
- Participate in Retirement Committee in US and CAD
- Lead the benefits renewal cycles for each country, continuously monitoring for cost savings, operational efficiencies and improved employee experience.
- Consults with local brokers and advisers to review benefits plan design, market benchmarking, market rates, and global pooling arrangements.
- Participate in process and procedures improvement for the Total Rewards function and ensure documentation is updated regularly
- Analyze and make compensation and benefits recommendations using internal and external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax and legislative requirements
- Advanced analytic and problem-solving skills to prepare and maintain a variety of reports related to rewards, benefits and broader HR practices.
Here’s what you have:
- Strong knowledge of theory, principles and practices of total rewards, compensation, pay structure design and development, short term / long term incentive programs.
- Knowledge of group benefits principles and experience with group benefits administration
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively problem solve and work autonomously, sometimes under pressure, to meet deadlines.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a Total Rewards function as an Analyst or Specialist
- Experience administering stock plans an asset
- Experience generating People Analytics dashboards
- Experience using Excel to analyze data sets quickly and accurately (i.e. basic formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with HRIS software such as Namely or similar an asset
- Experience in job analysis, job evaluation and organization design, and job evaluation
Nice to have:
- Public company experience
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.