Index Exchange is searching for a Product Marketing Director with a desire to make an impact on our growing global business. Our Product Marketing team works closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing & Communications teams to drive strategy, awareness, and adoption of our suite of products.
This role specifically will cover our exchange, data, and reporting capabilities—all areas that are fundamentals to our success and truly the core of our business. There are two dimensions within exchange: 1) focusing on the scale, efficiency, and infrastructure of the exchange itself, and 2) the exchange experience, which focuses on the trust of our partners and the safety of our business by supporting global privacy and legal initiatives and eliminating malicious activity. In addition to focusing on the core exchange, you will also cover data and reporting, which centers on transparent, accountable performance and billing reporting.
It’s an exciting time to join the team. You will be part of an effort to overhaul and expand the Product Marketing function within the organization. This work will have broad impact to the global business, both internally and externally.
Index Exchange is a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Have a full understanding of our product roadmap and actively execute on internal and external education around the product roadmap for the product suite you’ll be supporting
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product team to develop value propositions and messaging, and clearly articulate through a variety of channels, including sales collateral, training, case studies, and client communications
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the ecosystem, and leverage it to continually update our unique selling proposition
- Work cross functionally across the Marketing and Product teams to develop and effectively implement the go-to-market strategy for new products and partnerships globally
- Work closely with Sales to ensure we are building the knowledge, tools, and collateral to do their jobs most effectively
- Work with a number of partners on joint messaging, including privacy, brand safety, and viewability providers.
- Work with the Engagement and Experiential teams to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work in tandem with Product Management to define product KPIs to assess and drive product adoption
Who we’re looking for:
- Highly organized individual who can work across teams and balance multiple priorities and deadlines, with a strong history of getting things done
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Ability to take complex technical concepts and create outputs that are accessible and clear to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making used to drive product adoption and inform positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated experience and ability to drive product positioning development
- Customer-focused; someone who connects regularly with Sales and customers directly to understand their needs and challenges
- Collaborative, curious, self-driven learner
- Capable of assessing industry competitive dynamics and market share
- Proactive about thought leadership and share of mind, goes out of the way to find opportunities to grow the broader objective of the product area in the industry at large, be it on stage, in the trades, or otherwise
- 6+ years of overall experience with 4+ years in product marketing
- Ad tech/ digital advertising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience leading by influence
- Customer-facing experience
- Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to create compelling marketing content
Why you’ll love working here:
- Working out of our New York office you will be in the middle of a thriving city atmosphere filled with engaging opportunities for career growth.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package at NO out of pocket cost to employees each month, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday and views of the Empire State Building!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.