We are looking to hire a Lead (Technical) a few Senior Software Engineers who eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who write quality code and enjoy offering guidance, mentorship and direction to teams and projects. These roles sit on our Addressability team who leverages people-based identifiers so Buyers get a chance to target and transact through the open market or deal IDs, regardless of environment.
Index Exchange (IX) is a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects you’ll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (hands on) &
- 3+ years of Team or Technical Leadership experience (elements of projects or programs)
- A passion for and experience designing, writing, testing, deploying high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment.
- Comfortable with one or more of the following languages: Golang, NODEjs, Python, Scala, Perl
- Comfortable with MySQL, Postgres, SQL, NoSQL and other .
- Experience with CI/CD, containers, orchestration, DevOps, GitOps, Automation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experient working in Agile methodologies
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design pattern, data structures and memory optimization
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- C++, Python, Scala, Ruby
- ELK and or TICK Stack
- Kubernetes, Argo, Docker, Aerospike, Encryption Keys
- MySQL, Postgres, Vertica,
- Full stack is always appreciated but a strong backend focus is key
- Time-series data, logs, monitoring, kafka or messaging
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation, and practicality are important qualities.
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change.
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions.
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We are not perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 – ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.