This is a ripe opportunity for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to shape the ascent into machine learning of a successful ad tech company operating at an unbelievably high scale (billions of records per day).
We, Index Exchange, are a Canadian engineering success story processing 180 billion auction transactions daily, each within the tight time constraints of milliseconds. That’s more daily than credit card transactions worldwide in a MONTH. We are the “stock exchange” for large advertising opportunity buyers and sellers.
We have an impressive and successful first ML project live, but we are still in ML infancy. The opportunities are huge and untapped with our high and growing data and transaction volume. We are looking for an ML expert with a track record of technical leadership to help us tackle questions around how we scale our machine learning infrastructure and increase efficacy!
What are your main responsibilities?
- Lead the design, development and implementation of complex data-centric solutions, including large data set verification, transformation, and feature generation
- Ensure continuous high-quality input for ML model development
- Lead design and implementation of model delivery systems
- Design efficient data collection and ETL processes
- Develop effective strategies on deployment and hosting of ML models
- Manage and monitor deployed models
- Ability to deploy fast or real time inferencing a plus
- Mentor Machine Learning Engineers to ensure best practices in our systems
What qualifies you?
- Extensive Machine Learning knowledge
- Knowledge of production infrastructure and pipelines for Machine Learning models
- Experience with one or more of the following: Classification, Pattern Recognition, Recommendation systems, Targeting systems, Ranking systems
- Expert-level ability in Python or other relevant programming languages and Machine Learning frameworks such as SparkML, TensorFlow, Keras, or libraries like Scikit-Learn
- Work on functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures
- Experience working with an advanced engineering team and executive leadership
- Knowledge of best practices for software engineering
- Interests in performance optimizations
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
What are some additional nice to haves?
- Experience with participating in the machine learning competitions such as Kaggle
- Published articles or papers
- Experience in ad tech (i.e. in-depth knowledge of digital programmatic advertising data)
What will you love about working here?
- Our teams are built around cooperation, respect, and teamwork
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.