We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Product & Engineering Analytics team in Toronto. In this role, you will help support our technical teams, ensuring engineering and product receive relevant data-driven analytics and insights to support short and long-term planning and strategies. This role will work alongside our Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams to help drive data driven decisions within our largest organization in the company.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Critical thinker: Logical and concise with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams and collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity and self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious and love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find and tell a story when looking at numbers and graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 1-2 years working experience; 0-1 years in programmatic advertising preferred.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support the Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams with data and analysis related to specific features in a timely manner.
- Analyze data points across large data sets, (billions of rows), drawing logical conclusions around the impact of individual releases/features and evaluating the impact on IX’s overall activity
- Assist various internal teams with identifying key metrics and develop relevant tools to help with their tracking
- Acquire, filter, clean, and transform data
- Analyze, explore, and interpret data using statistical techniques
- Design and build dashboards to quantify and monitor releases and initiatives
- Investigate ideas and develop hypothesis testing frameworks
- Produce data-driven case studies as required
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis, releases, and outcomes to key stakeholders
Here’s what you have:
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skillset. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Functional knowledge of SQL for querying databases
- Experience with BI tools such as Grafana, Redash and Looker considered an asset
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple concepts
- Strong analytical mind and a keen interest in conducting research, interpreting data and translating to insights for various audiences
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and team members
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems, make decisions quickly, thoughtfully, and communicate clearly
- Knowledge of Python/R for functions like data collection, analysis, visualization, automation considered a plus but not required
- Knowledge of digital advertising industry, participants, technologies, and advertising ecosystems considered an asset
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).