We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others. Learn about Index Exchange https://www.indexexchange.com/about/.
The purpose of this role will be to support our commercial team’s growth objective in our dynamic marketplace. The person will provide data-driven analytics and financial analysis to drive short and long term business strategies within IX.
As a Data Analyst, you will support and drive objectives of the Commercial Analytics team, ensuring commercial teams receive relevant data-driven analysis to support short and long-term customer insights and business decisions. This position reports to the Director F&A.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the account management teams with data and analysis related to specific customer account inquiries in a timely manner.
- Analyze data sets to troubleshoot and identify root causes on exchange platform performance issues which have been escalated through Salesforce by account management. Communicate with key stakeholders with appropriate response times based on assessment of level of impact to business. Support and lead resolution with a sense of urgency.
- Support the business with reporting on designated accounts with volume-based price discounts, assessing account performance relative to expectation, historical and program requirements.
- Produce monthly reporting on publisher performance for designated account management teams utilizing Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Domo) and Vertica database.
- Write scripts and build tools to extract, clean and transform complex, custom data sets that will allow teams to quickly use data without concern of data integrity.
- Responsible for design and build reports in Business reporting tool (Looker) for designated commercial partner group. Ensures to understand key questions and select data points that are appropriate relative to the requirements. Responsible for maintenance of reports and proactively manage updates to reporting based on business changes.
- Support the existingSupport effective measurement of client support against team resources, to allow leadership to make quick decisions around resourcing.
- Assist in defining team goals and direction based on observed needs so that analyst leadership can understand the “on the ground” needs of the team and key business partners.
- Proactively finds opportunities at the customer level and presents findings and recommendations to manager. Recommendations are based on data driven analysis. Ex. user prospecting, technical integration health, CTV, in-app, and mobile performance.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships and be a go to resource for insights development.
What we are looking for:
- Problem Solver: Do you enjoy finding creative solutions? How do you drive change?
- Team Player: How do you work with others? Can you build trust with your business partners in order to drive actions?
- Passion and Energy: Are you interested in cutting edge technology?
- Resilience: How do you handle pressure? How do you deal with uncertainty at workplace?
- Knowledge Hungry: Do you enjoy learning new concepts and ideas?
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or a similar quantitative discipline.
- 1-2 Years prior experience in data analysis across full-time or part-time internship.
- Fluency in SQL and Python; Ideal candidate has application experience outside of the learning environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint,
- Understanding of databases
- Strong oral and written English communication skills;
- Comfort with ambiguity and a self-starter with an aptitude for defining and directing new processes;
- Ability to solve complex problems utilizing data analysis techniques
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Data visualization
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of statistical modeling techniques
Nice to Have:
- BI tool experience (ex/ Looker, Domo, Tableau)
- Experience working within the digital advertising industry
Why you will love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.