We rely on our DevOps team to build, monitor and maintain our critical development, staging and production environments. Databases are a critical part of each system and we’re looking for a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join the team. In a role like this, experience across a range of relational and non-relational databases is a huge asset. You’ll be working closely with all of our Engineering teams and the multitude of databases they rely on. Your ability to offer both guidance and technical expertise as a subject matter expert in order to enable the development of fellow team members is a huge plus.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
Technical: A strong foundation in data backup, database standards, performance tuning, data modeling, and database security. Significant time spent as a DBA and a foundation in Computer Science/Engineering is an absolute must; relevant certifications are highly desirable
Facilitator: It’s essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams - you will be the go-to resource for everything DB related
Proactive: The systems you build and oversee are absolutely critical and require a high degree of attention - be proactive in how your approach production issues, monitoring and escalations
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build, care and feed both relational and non-relational databases including but not limited to Mongo, Cassandra, Aerospike, MySQL, Postgres, Hbase and more
- Design and implement databases in accordance to end-users’ information needs and views, as well as study and optimize existing database configurations
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Act as the DB expert across Engineering. Lead learning and mentoring sessions around key technologies related to the role
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.