Index Exchange is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our Finance team. The Finance team at IX plays a pivotal role, ensuring DSPs are invoiced and Publishers are paid the right amount and on-time, in addition to handling internal finances and expenses. Our business is successful because of the diligence and organization of our Finance team to ensure all credits and debits are properly aligned.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leverage 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, with an in-depth knowledge of NetSuite, Excel and Expensify considered an asset
- Perform accounting operations and determine revenues and associated cost of revenues
- Maintain the DSP AR and Publisher AP sub-ledger, including reconciliations
- Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner
- Perform a variety of month-end close duties; including bank reconciliations, AR/AP analysis
- Assist with preparing financial statements, note disclosures, and supporting schedules in accordance with IFRS
- Assist in credit adjudications of prospective partners and collections process
- Act as a liaison during our year-end audit by preparing supporting schedules, respond to auditor requests, and identify potential areas for improvement
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve internal processes and the month-end close cycle
Here’s what you have:
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- 3+ years of progressive financial reporting experience in a high-growth company with international operations
- Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying accounting and internal control practices
- Excellent collaborative problem solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on quality
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.