We are looking for a Staff Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams. The Data team makes transaction analytics available to our clients through our data warehouses, reporting solutions, transaction solutions and our modernized billing datasets.
Working with exciting technologies, our team will experiment with new tools and engineer innovative approaches to solve interesting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry, and we rely on our Engineering teams to keep Index Exchange (IX) and our clients ahead of the curve and moving in the right direction.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- Problem Solver: You are curious, and love exploring multiple approaches to find the most efficient, scalable solution and solve a problem
- Collaborative: You work well with other people
- Passionate: You have a passion for the latest trends and developments constantly researching new tools and technologies
- Self-Starter: You are comfortable helping your team get things done
- Leadership: You can mentor the team on the design, and implementation of our solutions
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Identify and assess potential solutions for technical and business suitability
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
- Guide and mentor team members
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s okay. Each person brings a different background and different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for tell us why, and tell us what you are doing to improve yourself and we’ll see what we can do to help!
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of work experience as a Software Engineer
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in any of the following programming languages and technologies: Golang, Java, Scala or Python
- Familiar with CI/CD, containerization, and virtualization tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Experience of API,UI, and financial numerical methods development is an asset
- Experience working with following data related systems is a plus: Kafka, Vertica, Mysql, MariaDB
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 – ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.