Index Exchange is looking to expand our Documentation team by adding a Senior Technical Writer. Awesome products deserve awesome documentation; like our products and solutions, our documentation is expertly crafted to help our users solve problems.
In this role, you’ll work closely with colleagues in Engineering and Product Management to understand user needs and create impactful internal engineering documentation and external customer-facing documentation. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your passion for complex technology with your stellar writing skills to produce high-quality, and highly technical documentation.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Authoring internal-facing and external-facing technical product documentation, including end user documentation, release notes, developer content, architecture diagrams, and API docs.
- Setting the vision for the architecture, structure, and content of your documentation, always keeping customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Assessing existing documentation to proactively identify and address gaps.
- Editing internal and external technical documentation, including peer reviewing other writers’ work.
- Providing input and edits for UI copy.
- Contributing to team projects, such as updating our documentation standards and best practices.
We want someone who is:
- Curious: You’re not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context and technical concepts behind what you’re working on.
- Technical: You love technology and have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and aren’t intimidated by) complex systems.
- Proactive: You take ownership of your assigned product area. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what we’re building and follow up when necessary to unblock yourself and move work forward.
- Passionate: You’re fully engaged with your assigned product area. You take a lot of pride in your work and strive for continuous improvements.
- Results-Oriented: You’re driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that you’re trying to solve with your documentation and are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Empathetic: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs and align your approach accordingly.
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or similar. A Technical Writing certificate or other technical certificates or diplomas are a significant asset.
- 7+ years of experience writing highly technical documentation, including API reference documentation.
- Expert knowledge of authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) and/or DITA to produce documentation.
- Experience authoring API documentation using API documentation tools like Stoplight or Readme.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not a strict requirement.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.