We are looking for a passionate Senior HR Business Partner to join our fast-growing team. This role supports the commercial team within the business and partners with our C-suite and senior leaders across our US, Canada, Europe and APAC offices.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
What does the role involve?
Tactical: The HRBP will work with their respective client groups to support our leaders on all elements of the employee lifecycle from performance management, employee relations, succession planning to onboarding/offboarding. You will have employment law knowledge, be passionate about diversity and inclusion, and culture development.
Collaborative: In this role, you will work cross-functionally with the people team to strategize best practices, communicate people first initiatives, deliver any trends and optimization recommendations to our global team. Possessing strong business acumen, you should align yourself as a partner to the business leaders to ensure continued employee engagement.
Knowledgeable: As the go-to for our leaders in the local markets and to best support the teams, you should have experience within an HR team at a similar level, we would expect you to have local employment law knowledge and a passion to grow and develop.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
The HRBP function is still relatively new to the business and therefore requires some process improvement, this should be something you actively seek to continue to make IX an amazing place to work.
- You will proactively build relationships with business leaders and employees, gaining trust and credibility with key stakeholders
- Serve as a critical thought partner to the business to anticipate, shape and influence organizational change(s), outlining how to structure and evolve our teams.
- Be accountable for the delivery of core People Ops services: advising on team and/or department-specific compensation, benefits, recruiting, organizational structure, and talent development strategies
- Partner with managers and broader People Operations team to resolve sensitive employee-relations situations
- Act as a change agent to help pivot the culture and improve overall effectiveness of the business
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion efforts and provide support for initiatives aimed at fostering an enriching, inclusive employee experience
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate the diversity of race, color and ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification- diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility- IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you'd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.