A successful manager is someone who has faced those challenges first-hand. We are looking for a leader who can offer both guidance and technical expertise to facilitate the development of cutting-edge technologies in a steadily and rapidly growing company.
While identifying and fostering talent is key, part of your role will be to accelerate the growth of talent within our organization. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, assessing not only the candidates but also helping to shape a better and more relevant process for finding the best talent. Leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges and roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage and lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate and make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly and concisely to implement best practices and processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'
- Technical: Although your day-to-day doesn’t involve writing code, the teams you manage are comprised of accomplished Engineers so you need to have a strong foundation in software development. You will be expected to foster and promote a culture of innovation in a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years of experience managing a team of at least 5-10 people
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices and Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams and nurturing talent amongst your reports
Nice to have:
- Experience in Ad Tech industry a big plus
- Data and API integration with third party applications such as NetSuite and Salesforce
- Knowledge or experience with Golang, MySQL, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Perl
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- We don't have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.